countdown

Monday, August 24, 2009

READY SET GO!

The race has begun!!!

We have officially began the race to finish 17 plays!!!! Can you feel the excitement!!! WOO!! I can't wait till Thursday to see how far everyone has gone! Remember you can watch, read or listen to any of Shakespeare's plays. AND if you WATCH and READ the subtitles at the same time you can count it TWICE for the race. Also if you LISTEN and READ along you can count it TWICE for the race. Each play can only be counted twice. So, sorry, no watching the same play over and over and over and over and over again..lol...

At class we talked about RESPECT! Respect for each other, respect for the classroom and respect for the mentors. What a great rule everyone! By the way everyone was acting last Thursday, I can tell that this will be an easy rule for everyone to follow.

Don't forge the bonus question! Where is Burgundy??? Super prize for the winner!

The reading assignment for this week in King Lear is Act I Scene I. --On the handout it says Week 2, that is the week that we will discuss that assignment in class. So on week 2 we will discuss Act I Scene I. Make sense?

The writing assignment for this week is: What is the difference between acting and reacting? Give two examples.

Double bonus time!!! Post a comment or ask a question etc. for this entry before Thursday the 27th, and you get an extra treat from the candy jar!!! Super easy candy!--click on the word "comments" just below this entry.

22 comments:

  1. hi mom.(aka queen mom) i have post a comment so i get a treat. :-)Luke

    ps. the race is hard!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Queen Bonita! I get an extra treat now! :)
    I sent you an email, please reply! Luke, The Race isn't hard!! IT's FUN!!! I'm at 9 plays allready >:) beat that :P


    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Princess now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome background by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily-You'll have to wait till Thursday to see where I'm at! :-p
    Luke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well then, Thursday it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THAT SPECIFIC SETPIECE QUEEN BONITA?
    ZACH

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm "acting" on your suggestion to leave a comment Queen Bonita. 9 plays already? Good job Princess Emily! Hey Luke, remember to enjoy the ride as you race - you have great friends to share the road with!
    - Queen Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  9. well i'm at one Play!! beat that!!!!
    kahahahaha.......and i'm lost...i don't know what to do for the presentation thing!!!

    ~tara~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, this is Carter! I love candy and Shakespeare. See you tomorrow in class. Who knows, I just might be a Duke or a Prince or a King by then!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zach, excellant question!! The setpiece was chosen by LEMI (the group that trained us), not us. Any thoughts on why out of all the setpieces and soliquies it would have been chosen???...hhhhmmmmm

    Tara, GIRL you can totally do this! One play is such a great start!! I know its confusing at first, just don't give up! It gets easier I PROMISE!! As for the presentation, think of what interests you now and you could learn about it in the Elizabethian time-like torchuring your brother-- you could learn about crime and punishment (Off with his head!)--its really gory though just to prepare yourself! Or if you love fashion, you could learn about the clothes from back then. I know you will do great!!

    We will talk more about it at class tomorrow too!
    -Queen Bonita

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YEAH CARTER!
    WOO HOO!! I'm so impressed with everyone's progress!! YOU GUYS AND GALS ROCK!! I can't wait for class tomorrow!!
    Queen Bonita

    ReplyDelete
  14. I should've gotten more treats in Shakespeare, cuz I like commented like, 5 times. ;)


    Class was AWESOME!!!!! ...... !!!!!!!!!!!!

    Tara, actually, you watched the subtitles on As You Like It, so like, you like, seriously, like, you read two plays. Chyaa. For seriously.


    Bonita, can I be the presentation in four weeks, pretty pretty PLEEZ??



    I have a question, why are thereso many like, nude guys in Shakespeare? it's kinda gross. >_<


    Enough of my weirdness for now, I'm sure you've had enough.



    P.S. I AM the Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need every ones email! and emily I totally agree with u on the nude men thing! ugh! do I get a treat or is it to late? lol anyway I am bored so I am posting random remarks! , Hailee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Go tara u can so get 17! anyone else who is struggling with it I find is very easy with lots of candy and popcorn to help !! rotfl

    ReplyDelete